What hairstyle for the new year?
Whether you are together or from a distance, this year again, the end-of-year celebrations will be an opportunity to shine and take the time to polish your beauty. DESSANGE salons are there to achieve your most beautiful holiday hairstyles, but if your choice is a homemade beauty treatment, discover our best advice below. Whether you have short, shoulder-length or long hair, here is 6 easy hairstyles for dazzling holiday season.
What hairstyle for the new year?
You dream of a fairy party hairstyle to sparkle during the end of year celebrations? Let yourself be tempted by one of our favorite hairstyles:
- The headband
- The wet look effect
- The romantic mat
- The wavy side
- The braided crown
- The low bun
What hairstyles for short hair?
Let the short cuts be reassured. Short hair also has the potential to have fun when it comes to party hairstyles. Here are two hairstyles to achieve on short hair.
The hair accessories aren’t just for long hair. On the contrary, they are ideal for highlight short cuts. The headband is very trendy this season. Very practical to wear, we find them of all kinds and for all occasions. So consider adopting it this year for an express holiday hairstyle.
- Just start by placing the headband on your head.
- Then sculpt your locks around to give the desired shape to your hairstyle. You can be tempted by the wavy effect or on the contrary by a very strict look with plated hair.
- Apply a veil of hairspray to secure your party hairstyle.
The wet look effect
The “wet look”Gives the effect of wet hair after getting out of the water. Although not suitable for everyday use, this effect lends itself wonderfully to party hairstyles and offers a very sexy sophisticated look. Perfect on short hair, this is an ideal New Years hairstyle.
- Start by combing your hair to completely detangle it. The slightest little knot is very easy to notice on this hairstyle.
- Using your comb, apply a dab of gel all over your hair, from roots to ends. Work by wick to avoid the oily or cardboard hair effect.
- Model your hair backwards to achieve this water-pulling effect.
What hairstyles for shoulder-length hair?
It is not always easy to style mid-length hair in an original way. Are the updos and braids struggling to hold and the ponytail is starting to get bored? Here are two party hairstyles to achieve on shoulder-length hair.
The romantic mat
For give a little movement to your mid-length straight cut, let yourself be tempted by the romantic mat. Simple to achieve, this hairstyle will not fail to make its small effect during the holiday season.
- Start by creating the wavy effect using your favorite technique: braids, curling iron …
- Then select a strand on the side of your head and braid it.
- Secure the end of the strand to the back of your head with a bobby pin.
- Finish by spraying a cloud of hairspray to make the wavy effect last all evening.
The wavy side
If you are short on time to achieve a very elaborate party hairstyle, you can simply fall for it. side wavy. Very trendy, this festive hairstyle gives a red carpet side as glamorous as sophisticated to your beauty.
- Start by drawing a side parting using a comb.
- Curl your hair using a curling iron.
- Gently brush all of your curls to break them and get your wavy effect, then bring all of your hair to one side of your head.
- Secure your hair on the other side using a bobby pin and lacquer liberally.
What hairstyles for long hair?
Long hair is spoiled for choice when it comes to hairstyle! So, if you want to be tempted by a original holiday hairstyle, here are some ideas:
The braided crown
The braided crown is one of the most popular party hairstyles. Inspired by the Greek goddesses, the braided crown is very feminine and is not as complicated to achieve as it seems. His elegance and very delicate appearance allow him to invite himself to any kind of event.
- Start by detangling your hair and smoothing out any unsightly frizz.
- Crimp the locks at the top of the head to obtain a nice volume and to remove any ears.
- Make a “cranial” braid. To do this, start by dividing your hair in half and start your braid with only one of the two strands. Start from the middle of the head, roll up your ear to continue your braid on the top of your head. Once you get to your other ear, start gradually incorporating the remaining strands of hair. Continue your braid along your scalp to create the crown effect.
- If your hair is too long, you will need to continue braiding your hair into a regular braid. Then hide this braid under the crown using bobby pins.
- Spread the braid a bit so that you have volume and an even size throughout its length.
The low bun
For several seasons, the low bun caused a sensation during the fashion shows of the great couturiers. Very popular for its ease of realization, this hairstyle for special occasions is terribly trendy. That you would prefer her bohemian version with a few strands that frame the face or more strict, start in the same way:
- Start by making a ponytail at the desired height. To do this, untangle your lengths and bring them together at the back of your head. You can keep the details of your cut (position of your parting, bangs, locks, etc.) to give your hairstyle some personality.
- Tie your hair back using a thin elastic.
- To make a pretty bun in seconds, wrap your hair gathered in a ponytail around itself.
- Once your ponytail is twisted, wrap it around your elastic.
- Secure your bun with a rubber band or bobby pins.
You are now all set for the end of year celebrations! All you have to do is find the perfect outfit and jewelry for highlight your party hairstyle.